Juma Black pen blanks are a high grade, modern raw material for the manufacture of components and works of art such as artisan hand made pens. JUMA consists of a mixture of different mineral base materials compounded with a resin component.
The essential characteristics of Juma Black Pen Blanks are:
- excellent mechanical machinability i.e. for drilling, milling, grinding and polishing,
- minimum breakage risk due to high coefficient of elasticity and high elongation,
- high-quality surface due to high surface hardness and minimal abrasion losses,
- resistant to all conventional substances such as cleaning agents, oils, greases, weak / medium acids and bases,
- very low water absorption (hydrolysis resistant). – possibility of thermal moulding in boiling water,
- can be polished or lacquer coated to manufacture polished or matt surfaces,
- pleasant to the touch due to good thermal properties.
We recommend a final finish / polish using buffing wheels and rubbing compound [amazon_textlink asin=’B012X377XO’ text=’Mirka Polarshine 35 (MP35K) ‘ template=’ProductLink’ store=’ukpb-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’59d2cf45-ddbf-11e8-8e84-99cdda044a0a’] followed by rubbing compound [amazon_textlink asin=’B012X37SJW’ text=’Mirka Polarshine 10 (MPT10K)’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’ukpb-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’b3fb8fd7-ddbf-11e8-9d7a-a3fceebb9932′]. For extra shiny end finish use [amazon_textlink asin=’B005ORV936′ text=’Mirka Polarshine Liquid nano Wax (MPWG1)’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’ukpb-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’c660452f-ddbf-11e8-a43b-8b2b7deafb40′].